Deadline : April 24th, 2020
Duration : from June 25th-30th 2020.
Hello youth leaders!
If you wanna be a little bit more productive during summer with an amazing activity, you have to take a shot in the International Youth Summer School program in Reykjavik, Iceland.
This Summer School is organized in partnership with the University of Iceland and City of Reykjavik. It will gather together nearly 90 young participants, experts and trainers from all over the world with the aim of discussing ideas and solutions to some of the most prevalent youth issues.
If you interested in joining this summer school program, here are some eligibilities and requirement you need to pay attention :
About International Youth Summer School :
Technology and Innovation has already brought great change to the job marketplace leading to a disruption of the skills that are needed. Not only is this happening now, but it is happening rapidly, and it is continuing to evolve on a near daily basis with the introduction of robotic automation, technical innovations and digitalization set to cost millions of jobs worldwide.
The International Youth Summer School in Iceland will help to prepare youth for the future possible changes. We will learn and analyze the most influential trends of the development in different areas of the worldwide society and what the future map of skills, education and training for sustainable future global development will be. We will study how to avoid becoming an obsolete figure in an ever-developing world and explore new ways to ensure the role of youth as working professionals remains sustainable.
Who can participate?
- Young people 18-35 from around the world;
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking);
- Master’s/PhD students, social entrepreneurs, young professionals, persons working at/with startup incubators and/or accelerators;
- Workers with youth, young professionals who work in education sphere;
- Show proven evidence of interests in Future Skills, workplace sustainability and participation of the international youth community, and/or involvements in related fields;
- Preferred backgrounds to include social and business enterprises, startups, non-profits, social activists, artists, educators, young researchers, scholars and students.
What you can get from this summer school?
- Participate in educational and interactive talks and become inspired through workshops conducted by esteemed honorable guests.
- Gain valuable new skills, knowledge and experiences that will serve as a solid foundation for your future entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Have a fruitful working and immersing experience in the beautiful city of Reykjavik and Icelandic culture.
- Have a unique opportunity to meet with like-minded people from across the globe.
- Network with renowned professionals in the fields of business, entrepreneurship, finance, science and technology.
- Take part in a fantastic cultural exchange program which includes trips to see some of Reykjavik’s most iconic attractions and Icelandic outstanding nature.
- The program, food, and twin room shared accommodation in a student hostel are partially covered by Youth Time International Movement. Please take into consideration that travel costs are at your own expense.
- Join each other in celebration at our welcome reception and farewell party.
What Do I Have To Pay?
The complete program is covered by Youth Time International Movement and partners, but please take into consideration that travel costs and visa come at your own expense. Hostel accommodation is fully sponsored by Youth Time International Movement and partners. Below you will find more details on the administration fees :
- After invitation pay a non-refundable administration fee of 200€ (with accommodation) of 150€ (without accommodation).
- Administration fee 200€ including: twin room shared accommodation in a student hostel (shared bathroom), attendance of welcome reception and farewell party, tea breaks and meals, cultural activities including a day trip to see some of the Icelandic natural wonders, educational program, participants kit.
- With no accommodation the administration fee is 150€ including: attendance of welcome reception and farewell party, tea breaks and meals, cultural activities including a day trip to see some of the Icelandic natural wonders, educational program, participants kit.
As an NGO we will be glad to receive any kind of sponsorship. If you wish to support Youth Time International Movement, you can choose the non-subsidiary option which covers 100% costs of participation. Administration fee is 1000€ which will include: accommodation in a single room in 3* hotel, attendance of welcome reception and farewell party, tea breaks and meals, cultural activities, educational program, participants kit.
How To Apply?
- Fill out the Participant Application form entirely.
- Submit your up-to-date CV
- Make a one-minute video answering the following questions:
- What is your motivation for applying for the Future Skills International Youth Summer School?
- How do you see the possible involvement of the young people of the development Future Skills for Workplace Sustainability?
- How do you plan to use the knowledge and skills gained during the Summer School?
If you think this summer school meets your requirements, you may apply your application online at https://youthsummerschool.org/apply .