Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) opens the chance for you to become one of the peace ambassadors.
The IEP is known for its Global Peace Index (GPI), a groundbreaking index that helps make the concept of peace a tangible measure of human wellbeing and progress. In 2020, IEP’s media reach was 7 billion; its social media reach was 825 million. Its research findings were covered in approximately 140 countries. Each year, the GPI report is released with events in key cities around the world and is attended by policy-makers, researchers, civil society, and media.
IEP Ambassadors will have the opportunity to further their peacebuilding knowledge by learning about IEP’s empirical peace research. Ambassadors will have access to exclusive research and education produced by the Institute of Economics and Peace. Successful applicants will also engage with existing Ambassadors who have been trained by IEP in partnership with Rotary International.
Should you are accepted, you will get these benefits:
- Attend the IEP Positive Peace Academy
- Gain exclusive access to three online webinars highlighting IEP’s core research content, including the methodology of the Global Peace Index and Positive Peace framework, and messages to communicate peace research.
- Enter into a peer group of like-minded changemakers.
- Network with peacebuilders and secure support from IEP Ambassadors and other program participants on your projects.
Then, here are the activities of this program:
- March 4: Receive an official invitation for the program.
- April 1: Submit your application
- April 15-29: Participate in the three online webinars.
- April 30 – May 13: Complete the Evaluation and Test.
- May 13 – July 31 2020: Complete your presentation/project.
You may still be able to register yourself here to catch up with the timeline.
For more information, click here.