Doing internships during your bachelor’s and/or master’s studies is a great way to gain more research experience.
IST Austria offers a supportive environment for research and professional development. It provides access to state-of-the-art facilities from bioimaging to nanofabrication and scientific computing through centralized Scientific Service Units. It fosters an open and international culture with scientific staff from more than 70 nations.
As an intern at IST Austria, you will be guided by your supervisor as you work on your internship project(s). Depending on your background and research interests, as well as the research focus of the group you join, there is a wide scope for differences in the types of projects you can work on. You can browse the research areas provided here.
You must be enrolled Bachelor-or Master of Science students (or similar) in good standing at a degree-granting institution. You must have completed at least the fourth semester of your bachelor’s studies (before the respective start date).
This internship is opened and for international students regardless of nationality or country of residence. The duration of the internship will be 2-3 months from May 15 until September 15 each year.
Interested? Please prepare your documents below:
- Statement of purpose
- University transcripts and diplomas of all degree programs and all years you have attended and/or are currently enrolled in (we recommend to submit these in the original language as well as in English)
- Contact information of 1 or 2 referees
If you are selected, you will get the benefits below:
- Monthly compensation
- Access to affordable health insurance
- Allowance for travel costs and Visa arrangements
- Subsidized housing
- On-campus housing available
- Free access to the IST Austria shuttle bus with hourly service to Vienna