The Graduate Institute of Ferrous Technology (GIFT) is the world’s only fully accredited institute of higher learning offering graduate education in the field of steel science and technology. GIFT is committed to the highest academic standards in education in the field of steel science and technology, consistent with the tradition of advanced research at the Pohang University of Science and Technology.
GIFT offers an Internship Program (Student Research Participation Program) in the summer and winter sessions. 3rd and 4th year undergraduate students, who are very interested in Ferrous Technology studies, systems and backgrounds, and/or in GIFT lab activities and system, are encouraged to participate in this internship program.
The duration of this internship program is approximately one month. The summer session will be conducted on July while the winter session will be conducted on January. The schedule is as shown below:
If you are accepted, you will get these benefits below:
- Free student dormitory housing and transportation (for international applicants, round trip air fare economy only, for Korean applicants, KTX or Bus fare) will be provided.
- Living expense will be assisted. (KRW 500,000 / 4 weeks)
Challenged? Here are the documents you need to prepare:
- Application Form DOWNLOAD
- Application Form(Foreigner) DOWNLOAD
- An Official Academic Transcripts in English
*If transcripts do not indicate GPA(Grade Point Average), the applicant must convert the letter grades appropriately into GPA and show it on the application document.
- Personal Statement(Primarily the description of the applicant’s study plan) DOWNLOAD
- Verification of English proficiency (TOEFL score or the Equivalent)
Well, then what are you waiting for? You can apply at any time by e-mail with the required application documents. But it should be noticed that your application will be evaluated only if it is submitted to a deadline :
the second Friday of May for the summer session and the fourth Friday of November for the winter session.
Send application documents by e-mail to the staff in charge of admission :
Eun Mi Jung
For more information, click here.