The International Labour Organization (ILO) is calling on individuals and organizations to share innovative ideas and solutions to address the skills mismatch challenge. The ILO Skills Challenge Innovation Call will recognize and support the development of solutions that aim to address the different forms and dimensions of skills mismatch. These can include proposals to:
- enhance the effectiveness of vocational education and training programs through innovative delivery and assessment partnerships;
- improve the development and recognition of knowledge, skills, and attributes of employees through innovative work-based learning initiatives;
- empower enterprises to better utilize the skills of their workers;
- improve the collection, analysis, management and use of data and information on skill needs and labor market trends;
- improve the training and employment of under-represented groups including migrant and refugees, people with disabilities, young people and women;
- improve the provision of active labor market programs through the integrated provision of vocational and job search assistance, training and work placement for the unemployed; and
- to establish new and innovative multi-stakeholder partnerships to address skills mismatch at the regional, sectoral or local levels.
Individu or organization such as education and training institutions (including schools, public and private training providers and universities), government agencies, NGOs and civil society organizations, public and private enterprises, regional and sectoral bodies and research organizations may apply for this competition.
The winner of this competition will get these privileges below:
- Financial support: The winner will receive a $50,000 grant to implement the proposed solution;
- Six-month innovation lab: The winner will receive technical support to transform the idea into a prototype ready to be piloted, including through boot camps and remote mentoring via a virtual platform;
- Worldwide visibility: The winner will receive support through awareness-raising of the idea and solution, including an invitation to a global event to present the innovation concept to potential partners and sponsors, press articles in media channels, videos, among others;
- Extended network and partnerships: The winner and shortlisted entries will join the ILO’s Global Network of Skills Innovators. They will have the opportunity to exchange with other innovators and share their solutions with ILO’s stakeholders.
- Moreover, the best 10 ideas will be invited to join the ILO Skills Innovators Network.
Interested? Here is how to register for this competition:
- Go to the Skills Challenge Innovation Call webpage ;
- Revise the eligibility criteria and terms and conditions of the competition;
- Develop the proposal and secure support from partners;
- Complete the form available on the website;
- Send the completed form and supporting documents to [email protected] by 30 April 2020 (midnight, Geneva time).
For more information, visit its official website here.