Deadline : May 24, 2020
The UN SDG Action Campaign is launching the third edition of the UN SDG Action Awards to identify and celebrate outstanding initiatives from around the world that are accelerating action towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, whilst inspiring the growing global community by showing that transformative change for people and the planet is possible.
About SDG Action Award 2020 :
The UN SDG Action Awards are organized by the UN SDG Action Campaign, a special inter-agency initiative of the UN Secretary General mandated to scale up, broaden and sustain the global movement of action for the SDGs.
Since 2018, the UN SDG Action Awards have attracted more than 2750 applications from 142 countries. 64 initiatives, from transmedia series illustrating the impact of climate change, to youth theatre and poetry programmes addressing taboos on sexual and reproductive health or blockchain platforms connecting entrepreneurs from among the world’s poorest to clean up ocean plastic, have been honored for their contribution to accelerating action towards the Goals.
The 2020 edition is seeking creative, scalable and transformative initiatives worldwide that:
- Mobilize large numbers of individuals and organizations to take action for the achievement of the Goals; whilst building coalitions across communities and societies;
- Inspire people to shift behaviors and policies for the achievement of the Goals; whilst promoting the values of hope and solidarity;
- Connect partners to increase progress on the Goals, whilst strengthening dialogue and trust between people and institutions at all levels.
- The winning initiatives will be honored at the UN SDG Action Awards Ceremony at the UN Headquarters in New York City, and widely amplified throughout the year to inspire the growing global SDG Action community to accelerate change for people and the planet.
- Winners will be invited to join and feature their work at a special UN SDG Action Awards Ceremony held at UN Headquarters in New York City.
- Winners will be recognized as SDG Action partners and their work will be featured prominently throughout the year to raise their visibility and share their stories with the SDG Action community.
- The Solidarity Award will honor the most heartwarming and impactful acts of humanity that improve the lives of others, inspire resilience, and lift hopes in the ongoing global health crisis.
- Everyone may apply.
- Projects led by UN entities and national governments will be eligible for honorable mentions only. However, if a government or UN project is co-organized with non-governmental partners, the partners are encouraged to apply on behalf of the project.
- Active participants in UN SDG Action Campaign programs such as MYWorld, the Global Day to Act for SDGs are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Projects that have been closely co-developed with the UN SDG Action Campaign or as part of a signed partnership agreement with the Campaign would not be considered eligible. If you are unsure whether you are eligible, please contact them.
If you want to take part to the SDg Action Awards competition, you may apply your application online at : https://sdgaction.smapply.io/prog/sdg_action_awards/
For more information visit the official website at https://sdgactionawards.org/