Deadline : June 15, 2020
Thema : A letter to my self in 2030
Goi Peace Foundation open opportunity for you who love writing. This competition held annually held and it’s organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development.
It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
The theme of this year’s competition is “A Letter from Myself in 2030”. The writer can Imagine what an ideal world ten years from now would be like. Write a letter from yourself in 2030 to your present (2020) self, in which you describe the state of the world, the way people are living, and what you, yourself, are doing in society. In addition, include any important message that you might wish to tell your present self.
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- 1st Prize dedicated only for 1 participant : Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$900 as of Feb. 2020), gift.
1st prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Tokyo, Japan in November 2020 and will receive the Minister of Education Award. (Travel expenses will be covered by the organizer.)
- 2nd Prize only for 2 participants : Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$450 as of Feb. 2020) and gift.
- 3rd Prize for 5 participants : Certificate and gift.
- Honorable Mention for 25 participants : Certificate and gift.
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2020) in one of the following age categories: a) Children (ages up to 14) b) Youth (ages 15 – 25).
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title and cover page. Essays may be typed or printed.
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Entries must be received by June 15, 2020 (23:59 your local time)
- A cover page template is available to download. You may also create your own cover page with all items (1)-(12) down below.
Submitted Essay Guidelines :
Entries submitted by postal mail must include a cover page indicating :
(1) your name
(2) category (Children or Youth)
(3) age as of June 15, 2020
(8) phone number
(9) school name (if applicable)
(10) your essay title
(12) word count.
You may submit your essay online at https://goipeace-essaycontest.org/ or If you wish to submit your entry by postal mail, send to:
International Essay Contest c/o The Goi Peace Foundation
1-4-5 Hirakawacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0093, Japan
For more information you may visit the official website at : https://www.goipeace.or.jp/en/work/essay-contest/