Goi Peace Foundation is the organizer of this event. The foundation is established in Japan, but also have European representative in Germany.
This annual essay contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity, and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
The theme for the essay contest is “A Letter from Myself in 2030“. It is about your imagination of the ideal world ten years from now. You may describe the state of the world, the way people are living, and what you, yourself, are doing in society. You can also include any important message that you might wish to tell your present self.
Here are the guidelines:
- There are two categories: a) Children (ages up to 14) b) Youth (ages 15-25)
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title and cover page.
- Essays may be typed or printed.
- Essays must be original and unpublished.
- Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
Should you win, you will get the following awards:
- 1st winner: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen, a gift, and will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Tokyo, Japan in November 2020 and will receive the Minister of Education Award. (Travel expenses will be covered by the organizer).
- 2nd winner: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen, and gift.
- 3rd winner: Certificate and gift.
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift.
The winners will be announced on 31 October 2020.
Therefore, start writing now and register yourself before 15 June 2020!
Register and more information here.