Deadline : August 31, 2020
For over 20 years the prestigious animago Award competition has spotlighted talent in the fields of 3d animation and stills, visual effects, visualization and design. Organized by the German magazine Digital Production, all winners are announced during a gala at the annual animago conference in Munich, Germany.
An independent jury of experts selects three nominees per category and chooses a single winner from out of these three. The “Best Still” category is simultaneously a readers’ choice award organised by DIGITAL PRODUCTION magazine. In this particular case, readers of DIGITAL PRODUCTION magazine as well as members of the Social Media Communities are given the opportunity to vote online and choose a winner from out of the three nominated entries.
- The participation is free of charge.
- The creators behind all projects that receive nominations will be invited to attend the animago award ceremony,
- In the “Best Young Production” category, the winner or winning team will receive prize money totaling 3,000 euros.
- • The film format should be FullHD (1920×1080 25p) for best possible quality. Lower resolutions are of course accepted, but we would appreciate, if you would scale according to these specifications.
- • Please send your entry in one of the following digital formats: MPG or Quicktime.
- • Only standard codecs are allowed. No other codecs (e.g. Hardware-related) will be accepted.
- • Naming convention: please use the entry number as the file name plus the file format (e.g. 0024.mov). The entry number will be created by the website after application.
- • Media and formats: CD, DVD, BluRay, USB-Stick or USB-Harddisc. The postal address can be found within the automatic reply email after entry registration. As an alternative, online-transfer is also possible: please provide a download link, a FTP-Access or make use of one of the free online transfer services such as DROPBOX or WETRANSFER.
- • In addition to the film itself, a representative still is required. It will be published in the special animago issue of DIGITAL PRODUCTION magazine, and will be used on the animago website. The still needs to have a minimum resolution of 720 x 576 pixels and 8 bit color depth per channel. Please choose a lossless RGB JPG file format. The still has to be sent via email to [email protected], indicating the submission ID and production title. Please use the entry number as file name (e.g. 0024.jpg).