If you want to start preparing for college or something and need scholarships, then one of the conditions is writing an essay. You need to impress yourself and prove that you are the one who deserve the scholarship. The scholarship committee usually prefer to see your capability through your writing rather than simply looking at your completed class or your CV only.
Scholarship essay opens equal chances for every student from every backgrounds with varying levels of accomplishments to win the heart of committee. Remember that the eagerness and effort you put in your essay are the reflection of who you are and it’s a way of promoting yourself as well. Therefore, you need to create great story and persuasive essay to be selected by the committee.
Here are 10 strategies that will help you make great essay!
- Understand the instructions clearly before you start writing.
- Express your best thoughts about what you are going to write; if you need to write them then you need to write all of the points on paper.
- Start to create your outline to keep you on the track of your writing.
- You need to make sure that your outline include every aspect required per the instructions.
- Elaborate each point in your outline to make your writing clear.
- Do not use complicated language throughout the essay. Just the simple, clear, and concise words.
- When you try to state your accomplishments, do not make you look like you are bragging.
- Check your grammar and spelling.
- Re-read the question and your essay to be certain that the essay addresses every point.
- You can ask for someone who is strong in writing and editing skills to be your reference of your essay to give great advices before you submit it
To write a great essay that follows the scholarship’s guidelines is a way to show that you respect their time and are truly desirous of the scholarship!